100% Yes. Is this post over? 100% No.
It is very important that you are proactive in your maintenance. I am currently writing a home maintenance article for a great website and I wanted to explain the difference between PROactive and REactive maintenance.
- Taking precautions with your home’s amenities (windows, drains, appliances, etc.)
- Adding extra measures to ensure a break or malfunction does not occur
- Example: Adding a protective lacquer to window frames
- Fixing something in your home
- Example: Sealing cracked window frames
Both types have merit and can save a lot of money. Do you need to replace a window if there is a crack in the wood frame? No way! Can you prevent this from happening? Yes sir! A simple lacquer will suffice and save you a large sum of money in the long run.
This spring, I will do much needed maintenance on my new property and I encourage all of my readers to be proactive in their own home maintenance. Check out these fun infographics for more ideas and inspiration:
Spring Maintenance Inspiration